Craigdon Mountain Sports Inverurie(LTD), which owns themountainedge.com, is committed to ensuring the best standards of practice in all its activities. Visitors to themountainedge.com website can be assured that the protection of privacy and confidentiality are given the highest priority. All personal information is collected, held and used in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our registration number is SC490890. This policy may change from time to time so please review the policy periodically.
Your use of this website signifies consent to us collecting and using personal information about you as specified below in accordance with this Policy.
How do we collect information about you and how is it used?
1. You may provide information when you register with us as a visitor, or customer. The information you volunteer and the more accurate it is the better we are able to customise your experience and meet your requirements.
2. You may provide information when communicating with us, such as reporting a problem. If you contact or telephone us we may keep a record of that communication for the purposes of training and to assist in the provision of our services to you.
3. You may order products or services and give your name, email address, telephone contact number, delivery address, credit or debit card number and expiry date so that your order can be processed and delivered (where appropriate).
4. If you enter a competition or promotion we may ask for name, address, and telephone contact number and email address.
6. It may be that some of the personal information you give us (for instance about your lifestyle or health) is sensitive personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Any such information ("sensitive information") will be dealt with as described below.
7. It may be that you provide us details of credit and debit cards or bank accounts. Any such information ("confidential financial information") will be dealt with as below.
8. We may use personal information collected about you to personalise your visits to our website and recommend goods and services to you. We also use the information to help us develop the design and layout of our website and your experience as customer or visitor.
9. We may use personal information collected about you to let you know about functionality changes to our website or changes to our terms and conditions.
10. We may use the personal information collected about you to let you know about new goods, services, or offers available through our sister sites, which might be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, select the appropriate check box on our registration form or send an email to email@example.com . If you have previously registered and wish to change your preference send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. With the exception of sensitive personal information and confidential information, your personal information may be passed to a third party in order to fulfill your order. By submitting your personal information to us you consent to this transfer.
12. We may provide aggregate statistics about our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you.
13. We may disclose your personal data if we are either compelled to do so by law, or in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a law enforcement or government authority.
14. We will retain your personal data only as long as is necessary for the purposes to which you consent to be a customer or visitor, and then we will retain and use the data for one year following termination unless you advise us otherwise upon which either event we will delete it from our systems.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result whilst we strive to protect your personal data as below, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any other persons providing on-line products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
Craigdon takes appropriate measures to safeguard the information it holds from unauthorised access or improper use. Specifically, all personal information on its database is stored in an encrypted form. Craigdon has a strict internal security policy with which members of staff must comply as a condition of employment and no external access to the system is permitted. Craigdon continually reviews and updates its security procedures as new technologies become available and new activities are introduced.
Any third parties to whom information is transferred are made aware of these security practices and are also required to take reasonable precautions to protect the transferred information.
Credit/Debit Card Transactions: Craigdon uses both Protx and PayPal Pro to process card payments but no financial details are stored within the company.
Third Party Websites
Third party websites have separate privacy policies and data collection policies. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. For more information on these websites privacy policies please visit their respective home pages.
This website is not targeted at children but in any event personal information will not be collected from children under 18 years without parental consent.
Any subject access requests or queries relating to themountainedge.com collection or use of personal information should be emailed to: email@example.com